‘Shopee’, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, is seeing tremendous excitement and support at its largest shopping festival, the 11.11 Big Sale. 11 million items were sold within the first 5 minutes of 11 November, as shoppers across the region raced to fill their shopping carts and secure the best deals on Shopee. The midnight shopping rush saw visits spiking 5.5 times in the first two hours, compared to an average day.
Key trends in Thailand in the first 2 hours of Shopee 11.11 Big Sale
- Many waited for 11.11 to purchase Personal and Home Essentials to maximise their savings. In particular, Laundry Supplies & Cleaning Equipments, Mobile Accessories and Kitchen & Dining products were the most popular categories among Thai shoppers.
- Thai people also eagerly stocked up on Portable Tissue Paper and Reed Diffuser with around 180,000 units bought within the opening hours of the sale. Skincare was also in high demand, with over 30,000 units sold.
- Many local sellers are seeing a boost to their business at 11.11 Big Sale. A Beauty & Personal Care Retailer saw around 3.5 Million Baht in sales in the first 2 hours.
- Shoppers in Thailand are buying everything on Shopee. In the year end season, Thais seized this opportunity to refresh or upgrade their tech gadgets for a better work One user carted out around 180,000 Baht in one order, purchasing items such as a Laptop and Desktop Computer.
- Shoppers also tuned in to Shopee Live to usher in the 11.11 Big Sale, with over 620,000 views recorded on the Countdown to 11.11 Big Sale live stream. Shoppers were met with a big surprise from the famous artistes who brought happiness to users through their performances. Shoppers also enjoyed the giveaway activity of Shopee Coins and Discount Codes up to 90% for shopping on Shopee.
Discover more irresistible deals at Shopee 11.11 Big Sale till midnight at https://shopee.co.th/m/11-11