- The physical installation at ICONSIAM is a life-size replica of the app, turning the virtual experience into reality for shoppers.
- The epic anniversary milestone is also marked by a star-studded marathon gala show, steep discounts, vouchers and other attractive deals that consumers can enjoy online.
Lazada Thailand will mark its 10th birthday anniversary with a life-size installation of its platform to provide shoppers with an offline experience of the app. Called Lazada World, the almost 1,400 square meters exhibit will line the River Park Plaza in front of ICONSIAM, one of the largest shopping malls in Asia, from 26 March to 31 March. The installation is a physical imagining of the Lazada app and allows visitors to enjoy interactive activities with advanced virtual- and augmented-reality technologies, as well as exclusive event-only vouchers.
“From the very beginning, Lazada has always existed only as an online shopping app, even before virtual experiences became the trend that it is today” said Munthana Lorgrailers, Lazada Thailand’s Chief Marketing Officer. “It is only apt that as we celebrate the platform’s 10-year anniversary on March 27 as Southeast Asia’s leading eCommerce platform that we bring Lazada to life and turn this virtual experience into reality for our Thai shoppers. At the same time, we will still provide all the Shoppertainment activities and deals that our consumers have come to love. We will be offering a variety of discounts, vouchers and other attractive deals that shoppers can enjoy online for longer. We will also be hosting on LazLive, social and TV channels a 10-hour marathon super show with a star-studded line-up of performances. In line with our EPIC 10th Birthday Sale, these events will be even bigger, better and bolder, so that our consumers can have non-stop seamless fun while they shop and celebrate with us.”
Lazada World: A physical experience of the Lazada app
In turning the virtual into reality, Lazada World will comprise 10 “zones” or areas within the installation that showcases key features of the Lazada app. Visitors can collect points and vouchers via interactive activities at this “zones”, in the same way that they can do on the app. They can also find many “instagrammable” spots and moments to take pictures of their experiences.
Here are the 10 zones and the various activities for each one:
- Surprise Check-in: This is where visitors start their journey by scanning a QR code for a map of Lazada World, which will help them navigate the other zones.
- Beauty station: Visitors can take pictures and pose with beauty items from Lazada here.
- LazLOOK: Fitted with virtual try-on mirrors, this zone will allow young fashionistas to see how they look in new, trendy clothes. At the same time, they can pose and share on their social media platforms. Visitors can look forward to a variety of looks, from casual wear for the holidays, to a demure outfit for a date, to a sharp professional look for the office.
- Sports & Lifestyle: Health and fitness enthusiasts will love this zone, where visitors can also pose for pictures and share on social media
- LazLive: Visitors can enjoy taking photo from our LazLive photo booth which we provide many photo frames for them to choose from. The photos that are captured will be displayed on the front screen.
- Electronics & Gaming: Lazzie, Lazada’s lion mascot, invites visitors here to play a virtual-reality game that will win them discounts. Gamers will have to shoot a variety of electronic products and Lazada heart gram within 60 seconds to collect points which visitors can use the points to redeem vouchers.
- LazAroi: Here, visitors can cool off with a taste of Lazada. Renowned ice-cream brand Guss Damn Good created an exclusive flavor to celebrate Lazada’s 10th Birthday, naming it “Add to Heart.” The milk-based raspberry yogurt and blue chocolate cookie flavor is a fun and fresh mix of tangy and sweet, like a burst of celebration in one’s mouth. It also represents Lazada’s heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has made Lazada a trusted and fulfilling platform to shop online for the past 10 years. Simply take a photo at this zone and share on social media with the hashtag #LazadaWorld to receive free ice-cream.
- Birthday Cake Landmark: The 4-meter high state-of-the-art LED cake stands as Lazada World’s centerpiece, right in the middle of the installation. Using a QR code scan, visitors can take photos with virtual Lazzie and give well-wishes to Lazada, which will be mapped around the cake for all to see.
- LazMall: Visitors can take pictures with products from leading brands on LazMall, the region’s largest virtual shopping mall now come to life.
- Supermarkets: Visitors can play a game of “The More You Shop, The More You Save” by scanning QR code from smartphones. Visitors who get more than 1,000 points will receive 1 coin to redeem for special discount coupons and vouchers.
For more details of the “Lazada World” event, please visit https://bit.ly/3N5l6d3
Gala Show: A 10-hour marathon of online Shoppertainment
Lazada’s LazLive channel will be packing in 10 hours of non-stop livestream programs starting from 2 pm to midnight. Top artistes performing in the Gala Show event include Bella –Ranee, Baifern – Pimchanok, Mario Maurer, Billkin – Putthipong, PP – Krit, Bright – Vachirawit and Win – Metawin. Viewers can also look forward to famous singers such as Stamp Apiwat, Ink Waruntorn, Proo Thunwa and URBOYTJ. There will also be exclusive giveaways leading up to its signature Super Party during marathon Gala Show. Consumers can anticipate 10 EPIC giveaways every hour and the return of Lazada’s hallmark Shoppertainment features Voucher Rain (with a total value of up to THB 3 million). In-app viewers can collect more vouchers to use along with their Free Shipping and Lazada Bonus rewards, during Lazada’s Epic 10th Birthday Sale that starts at midnight on 27 March.
The event will also be broadcast live across the country on Lazada’s Facebook, YouTube channels and LazLive, as well as via TV channels 3 HD and ONE 31.
Great Deals: Elevating the online shopping experience with a longer campaign period and more attractive offers
Lazada’s Epic 10th Birthday Sales campaign offers bigger and better deals and promotions. Highlights are as follows:
- Stackable Discounts: Shoppers can stack up to six discounts to enjoy the best deals. They include:
- Discount vouchers of up to 90%
- Lazada Bonus, which provides THB 40 discount for every THB 500 purchase
- Up to THB 1,000 discount vouchers from Lazada
- Nationwide free shipping vouchers of THB 40 each
- Discount vouchers from stores worth up to THB 1,010
- Codes from partners that provide discounts of up to THB 1,010
- Lazada Bonus: Shoppers can collect Lazada Bonus worth THB 40 for every THB 500 purchase of promotional items. Lazada Bonus can be collected on the Lazada app during two window periods.
- The first is from today to 29 March and can be redeemed from 27 March to 29 March.
- For the second one, shoppers can collect Lazada Bonus on 30 March and redeem them from 30 March to 5 April.
- Free Shipping Nationwide
- Crazy Brand Mega Offers: Shoppers can enjoy up to 90% discount from brands on LazMall starting midnight to 2AM on 27 March and 4 April
- Crazy Flash Sale: Find out the best deals everyday throughout the campaign
- Daily Cashback: Includes 10% cashback every day, a special surprise of 100% cashback from 27 March to 29 March and 30% cashback from 30 March to 5 April only at 10 AM.
In addition to the highlights above, Lazada has also prepared other promotions for shoppers, such as surprise deals, 10AM THB10, guaranteed best prices, exclusive pre-sale deals and much more!
For more information on the campaign, please visit https://bit.ly/3IUyGxr